Walk with God. You're not always going to have the perfect balance, but He will catch you when your foot slips.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Glory.

I haven't written in a long time and there have been many reasons why. The main one being a lack of time to really write my thoughts down. I'm definitely not complaining because this year has been incredible and God has been teaching me so much. I am going to try and do the best that I can to keep this up.

But yesterday, God really revealed something to me that I have felt like He was pulling on me to share.

As most of you know, I have been in choir for 3 years, and competed in the UIL solo/ensemble competition just as many. And I have done reasonably well. Until this year.
The first year I competed, I received a 1 at regionals and advanced to state, receiving a 2.
The second year I competed, I received a 1 at regionals and advanced to state, receiving a 1.
This year, I competed at regionals and received a 2, not advancing to state.

I was very disappointed when we got the results and had an hour bus ride back to Weatherford to think about it all and reflect on it.

I began to think and pray, and God began to speak to my heart, bringing a Scripture to my mind that I had read just a couple of days ago and it was this:

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
-Colossians 3:15-17.

I have read those verses a million times, but yesterday they were so comforting.

God tells me and shows me over and over again that He has a plan for my life and that it never fails.

God gave me my voice for HIS glory, not for mine.
I wasn't given my voice so that I can tell everyone how amazing I am and how much I have a achieved, but to give Him honor and tell everyone how amazing my GOD is.
Thinking and reflecting on yesterday made me realize that, yes I did do well in the past, but it was only to develop and grow my voice and my confidence so that I can lead others in worshipping my Savior God.

Leading worship is what I believe God has called me to do, and I will do it until the day that I die.
He gave me the gift of singing to glorify and honor him.

Even if mine is singing, God has given us all different talents and abilities so that God can use us as tools in different ways to ultimitely glorify Him. I encourage you to look at your life and see the gifts God has given you and ask Him to give you guidance and direction and to use you as a tool to give Him glory and reach the people in your life that don't have the relationship with Him that you do.

Maybe if you're reading this, you might not have a sincere relationship with Christ and are living your life by your own plans and aspirations and are constantly in control.
I will tell you one thing:
There is nothing more satisfying and comforting than the fact that you have a God that loves you and that desires to have that relationship with you. He has a plan for your life, but there is one thing that you have to do, and that is give up the control and not be the driver anymore.

I pray that in all that we do, God will be given the glory.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment