"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you-unless, of course, you fail the test?"
This summer has been very busy and very eventful, and I have seen God work through so many ways. With my family, the church, and myself.
I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like, but I hope that it will change soon and I will be able to post more often. Thank you for your patience.
I think it's finally starting to kick in that this is my last year of high school. I'm so excited, but also wanting to make sure that I don't miss anything God is trying to teach me or tell me in the process. Sometimes I feel like I get so caught up and stressed about things that honestly don't matter, especially in God's eyes and that's something I've always struggled with.
With the verse for today, I want to test myself. I know that I cannot get through this year without God's help, and that's a fact, for several reasons. He's going to be the only strength I have to get through it. I want to test my ability to lean on God for every aspect of my life, because I don't know how I can do it on my own.
A goal this year for me is to read through the entire Bible before school gets out in May. I don't want God to not be able to use me to His full potential just because I don't know His Scripture, especially with the mission opportunities I have coming up. And one of those mission opportunities is school.
Please pray for me as I go through this next year. Pray that I will be a light for the students of Peaster High School, and that us as Christians will be able to make a difference and give fellow students hope. Pray that I will be ready and prepared for any way that God can use me.
Ephesians 5:15-17
"Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is."
I've been so blessed with the people in my life to encourage me and keep me going, I'm so thankful for each and every one of you.
I know that this will definitely be a learning year for me, and I'm ready.
My hope:
Luke 18:27
"Jesus replied, 'What is impossible with men is possible with God.'"
Change in the Making-Addison Road
There’s a better version of me
That I can’t quite see
But things are gonna change
Right now I’m a total mess and
Right now I’m completely incomplete
But things are gonna change
Cause you’re not through with me yet
This is redemption’s story
With every step that I'm taking
Every day, you’re chipping away
What I don’t need
This is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
And every day I’m closer to who I’m meant to be
I'm a change in the making
Wish I could live more patiently
Wish I could give a little more of me
Without stopping to think twice
Wish I had faith like a little child
Wish I could walk a single mile
Without tripping on my own feet
But you’re not through with me yet
And this is redemption’s story
With every step that I'm taking
And every day, you’re chipping away
What I don’t need
This is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
Every day I’m closer to who I’m meant to be
From the dawn of history
You make new and you redeem
From a broken world to a broken heart
You finish what you start in everything
Like a river rolls into the sea
We’re not who we’re going to be
But things are going to change
I'm living redemption’s story
With every step that I'm taking
And every day, you’re chipping away
What I don’t need
And this is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
And every day I’m closer to who I’m meant to be
I'm a change in the making
I'm not who I'm gonna be
Moving closer to your glory.
That I can’t quite see
But things are gonna change
Right now I’m a total mess and
Right now I’m completely incomplete
But things are gonna change
Cause you’re not through with me yet
This is redemption’s story
With every step that I'm taking
Every day, you’re chipping away
What I don’t need
This is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
And every day I’m closer to who I’m meant to be
I'm a change in the making
Wish I could live more patiently
Wish I could give a little more of me
Without stopping to think twice
Wish I had faith like a little child
Wish I could walk a single mile
Without tripping on my own feet
But you’re not through with me yet
And this is redemption’s story
With every step that I'm taking
And every day, you’re chipping away
What I don’t need
This is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
Every day I’m closer to who I’m meant to be
From the dawn of history
You make new and you redeem
From a broken world to a broken heart
You finish what you start in everything
Like a river rolls into the sea
We’re not who we’re going to be
But things are going to change
I'm living redemption’s story
With every step that I'm taking
And every day, you’re chipping away
What I don’t need
And this is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
And every day I’m closer to who I’m meant to be
I'm a change in the making
I'm not who I'm gonna be
Moving closer to your glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment