Jeremiah 29:11-13
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'"
These verses have become more real to me now than ever before.
I've grown up with these verses but never really grasped what they truly mean. Now, as I'm in the summer before my senior year, my life is beginning to change. I'm not the little girl I once was, and I used to think I would be scared of leaving high school, growing up, and moving on with life but I am so unbelievably excited I can't contain it.
I am starting to plan for my future, but realizing that God already has my future planned for me. I have hope that wherever He will lead me in life that it will be for His will and that I will be the happiest I've ever been, even when life does throw me curve balls.
Isaiah 42:16
"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."
When I think back to before everything really changed, and I handed my life over to God; I wasn't happy. At all, compared to now. He has blessed me with so much, and has me in a place I never thought I'd be, but it's absolutely perfect and I'm the happiest I've ever been. My hope is that it will be my drive.
I want others to be able to feel the same happiness, build relationships, and know that when life is in God's hands, there will still be problems, but no longer any worry because you know He has a plan and will give you the strength.
Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
It is truly amazing to see how God's hands are in every little detail of my life and it has become more real to me now than ever before.
Words can't express how important total submission to God has been in my life.
I struggle everyday, because yes, I am human, but at the end of the day I have a God who is merciful and I have learned that if I trust in Him, I become happier than I would have ever been if I had just done what was easiest.
Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
My prayer today is that in everything I do, God will be put first and that He will use me.
And I pray it will be the same for you.
I pray that you have hope, and know that God has a future for each and every one of us, and is just waiting for us to submit ourselves; give ourselves up and let it no longer be us in the driver's seat.
Isaiah 41:17-20
"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs. I will put in the desert the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive. I will set pines in the wasteland, the fir and cypress together, so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it."
Wonderful way to begin my Sunday preparations! Love the verses!
ReplyDelete