Walk with God. You're not always going to have the perfect balance, but He will catch you when your foot slips.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Peace.

Buenos Dias!

So, I'm pretty sure there's no better way to start off my summer than sitting on my front porch, drinking my coffee, watching my dog chase squirrels around my yard, and spending some quiet time alone in God's word while enjoying the gorgeous day that He created. It's just about my favorite thing to do in the entire world.

I would like to share some Scripture with you from my favorite book in the entire bible, the book of James.
As I was reading through Isaiah, I was trying to decide what I would like to share for my first real blog post, and these few verses came to mind.
James 4:4-8

"You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit He caused to live in us envies intensely? But He gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.'
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

You might say, "Gosh Taylor, doensn't that seem a little harsh?"

No, no, it really doesn't.
James describes us as adulterous people.
We are, aren't we? We CHEAT on God with the things of this world.
We are SINNERS. And we are DOUBLE-MINDED.
Sadly, we have become friends of the world, even if we don't mean to.

On days like today, after a long week of school ending and everything going on, I know I haven't been giving all the time I should've to having my alone time to hear from God, so He can be in complete control. The devil has taken reign over that and gone crazy with it.
And I'm being totally honest with you, as I was with God.
He is a God full of mercy and love, and like His Scripture says "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you"

Being changed through accepting God's salvation for my sins gives me the opportunity to make things right with God, even if I have strayed away for awhile. Maybe for a few hours, days, weeks, months, years.. whatever it is, God always wants us to come back, and if we ask him to, he will forgive us, no matter what. He knows that it is in our nature to be sinful people. But He also doesn't want us to continue in the sin we asked for forgiveness for, that's not the  point. He forgives us so that we can be cleansed and become more like Him, not so that we can continue to live our life in that same sin, continuing in it over and over and over again, never having an actual relationship with Him and striving to do His will everyday of our lives like He has called us to do.

This morning I have had the opportunity to sit outside, and just get back into the place where I have peace.
It has been a very long week, but I have peace that I have a God who is merciful and will forgive me for not giving Him the time He deserves.

And if you have a relationship with Him, He will do the same for you.
You just have to ask.

I could take these verses and go for pages and pages about what they mean for my life as a Christian, but I know that God's meaning is so much deeper that my human mind can ever grasp.

So I leave this with you, praying that you take this as you may and apply it to your own life.
I hope that you will find peace with God today and everyday of your life.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that your blog was something I needed to read. I'm glad you started it, buddy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete